Einstein News August 25, 2016
- We have been busy this week! We have worked hard in our homebase areas building community and making new friends. Ask your child to tell you about a favorite activity during worktime. By the end of the week, we will have gone to each of our special classes: library, art, music and healthy lifestyles. We hope during the weekend you will be able to take the time to relax with your child and catch up on sleep!
- We hope to see you for our Back to School Night Tuesday, August 30th! We will begin at 6:30 in the Mayo gym. At Back to School night, you will get a glimpse into your child’s day, ask any questions you may have and meet other Einstein parents. This is a parent only event so please make other arrangements for your children. Each instructional area is offering only one presentation. We hope to see every family!
· Cafeteria News: Eating in a large school cafeteria is a new experience for many of our new Einsteins. It can be overwhelming, and it sometimes more fun to talk to friends than eat your lunch! We have 25 minutes in the cafeteria. The Einstein teachers are not in the cafeteria during lunch, however, there are Mayo staff members monitoring the cafeteria. If you send a lunch from home, please send a healthy lunch with only one treat. You also may want to practice with your Einstein about how to open the items in his lunch. Feel free to join your child for lunch. Please remember to check in at the office and get a visitor’s pass before you come to the cafeteria. We will provide lunch times at Back to School night.
- Birthdays are special to young children and fun to celebrate with your class. If you would like to send a special snack to school for your child’s birthday, please let your child’s homebase teacher know. The treats must be commercially made and nut free. Please send cookies, doughnuts, fruit bars, etc. (instead of a cake or cupcakes) and napkins for 25 children. It is very helpful for all the treats to be the same. (ex: all chocolate chip cookies, all vanilla cupcakes with same color frosting, etc.)
- Being there experience. Einstein Overnight September 30th -October 1st! This is a special Mayo tradition, so plan now to attend! The overnight this year will focus on the farm. The children will take a field study to the Tulsa State Fair on Friday, have dinner at Mayo with their parents and complete activities that evening at Mayo with their parents. Those students who wish to spend the night at Mayo with a parent may do so. Einsteins may also choose to spend the night at home instead. Those Einsteins who stay the night will have an overnight breakfast at Mayo on Saturday morning. Our Saturday morning breakfast will conclude our overnight. All overnight activities are for Mayo Einsteins and their parents only. We will answer all questions about this fun filled learning experience at Back to School Night.
- Please make sure your Einstein has a weather appropriate change of clothes (bottom, top, socks, underwear) in their cubby. The nurse will contact you to bring a change of clothes to Mayo if your child has an accident and does not have a change of clothes in their cubby.
- Please label all of your Einstein’s belongings with their name! This includes backpacks, sweaters, lunchboxes, water bottles, etc.
- Please read the attachment regarding arrival and dismissal procedures. If you have any questions please contact your child’s homebase teacher.
· Hello Einstein Parents,
This is Sarah Wilson your school librarian. Einstein checkouts start next week! This week we had library orientation where we discussed what we do in the library and how we treat library books. Next week, each Einstein will come home with one practicebook. Einsteins will always check out on Mondays and return books on Friday. If they return their practice book on Friday, they can check out the normal amount of two on the following Monday. We find it best to start the habit of putting the books right back into their book bag after reading them at home. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Dates to Remember
August 29 1st Library Checkout
August 30 Back to School Night
September 2 Spirit Day (Wear a Mayo spirit shirt with regular uniform bottoms)
September 5 NO SCHOOL- Labor Day
September 6 1st Einstein PAL
September 30 Einstein Being There Experience/Overnight- Tulsa State Fair
October 7 NO SCHOOL- Teacher Institute Day